Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Musicologist Charles Seeger's story:

I love this story and keep repeating it to my friends who could care less about jazz...

Scene: A convention of some sort, of musicologists.

Time: End of a conference

Musicologist #1 confides:'You know, I don't hate jazz;
I think it's probably very important and it certainly deserves serious study.
The trouble is that all the jazz people treat it as holy, holy, holy!'

Charles Seeger:'Well, now, don't you consider
the area of classical music in which you specialize holy, too?'

Musicologist #1
(drawing himself to his full height):
'Ah, BUT IT IS!'

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older