Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sewing: Fancy Cushions


For as long as I can remember, from the time I started registering such things, my mom had some project or the other going, learning new ones as and when opportunity presents itself. She still does. Needlework and sewing are her top favorites.

Now that my parents are visiting us, I got to see first-hand something that she was in the process of making: these gorgeous satin cushions!



She sews the fancy pleat-like stitches, then stuffs it and finishes it to make firm, soft, wonderful holiday cushions. She has worked her way through red and blue, soon there might be white ones, even if they are not ready by July 4th. Maybe a couple of green as well, so red and green for Xmas.


She has taught me how to make one of these. If I have the patience to finish it when I get back home, I might have a few of my own to share here later :)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger notyet100 said...

Wow ur mom is so crearivw

5:50 PM  
Blogger Kavs said...

how pretty!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

wowww!! I am digging those pinched effect cushions...what is that effect called?

That would look lovely on a kid's dress or just the bodice of a dress..

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are wonderful. Would mind telling us how this is done? I would like to make few.

Thanks.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older