Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sewing: Little Girl's Embroidered Blouse with Square Collar


My mom made this blouse for Ana: designed, embroidered, and sewed it.

I love the collar. I used to have a dress with this same collar that my mom had made for me when I was little. It was a white dress with redwork embroidery. I remember it had red lace edging.



On my request, my mom made it a little bigger so it can hopefully stay with us a few more years as she grows.

I love to do embroidery but don't have the time (or patience) for it these days. I still manage to do small napkins and cushion covers and such on and off.

I do sew a lot. Mostly utilitarian stuff - kids' clothes, place mats/napkins, cushion covers, pot-holders, tote bags and such, maybe even costumes at times.

For the last 2 weeks, Ana wore this tops about 60% of the time. It must be her current favorite or something :)



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger notyet100 said...

She is looking so cute

7:50 AM  
Blogger Kavs said...

charming dress and Ana looks so sweet!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

lovely dress, sheels!! and lovelier embroidery... and loveliest daughter! :)

sorry I didn't return your email... I will. I promise. at the moment, life is going faster than I can handle.

Hope all is well with you. Take care

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older