Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Noble Writer

Writers yearn to be published. Period. No matter how vehemently they convince you that they write "for the love of writing", writers secretly hope and wish and pray that they get recognized, that their writing is appreciated by the seemingly-inferior-yet-fairly-intellectual faceless strangers. The Noble Writer definitely pines for a readership following.

All right. I can feel the Earth rumbling and dust rising in the horizon.

Relax, Noble Writers. Generalization is fine as long as it is true. Right?

Oh Dear. Before you reach for your torches and pitchforks, I will admit it: I am an aspiring writer. I want to be "published" (i am not quite sure what that means - am i not published right now as you are reading this?? Hm. i guess self-publishing doesn't count).

I want people to enjoy what i write without wanting to know anything much about me personally. I want to remain anonymous, an enigma, and yet well-known, well-recognized.

See a conflict here? I don't.

I want people to laugh at things i find funny, i want people to feel the sucker-punch when i intended to give one, i want people to grasp profound truths i inadvertently expose, i want people to keep coming back for inspiration via my writings... i want people to appreciate and enjoy my writing because they take time from their busy lives to read what i write.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older