Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crafts: Stocking fabric creations

July-27-2009-crafts14


Little bits of stocking fabric, some thin craft wires, some tape, glue, fancy decorations and some imagination is all that is needed for this stocking fabric craft that my mom does on and off.



My mom made the butterflies with a little button magnet stuck on the back so it can adorn the fridge door. The flowers are just for fun, she said.

So, Ana and I decided to try our hand at this craft. Ana wanted to make a fish. Now, being my first, I didn't quite handle the body and fin joint well, so, this looks like a mutant fish, but, it was fun making it - took less than an hour. The frustrating part was to stretch the stocking fabric over the shaped wire. According to my mom, I should have stretched more, made it almost transparent. Well, maybe next time...



Ana helped stick on some of the decorations and we let it dry for a bit. Good old Fevicol™ works better than fabric glue, even fabric glue made for stretchy materials.

The raw materials were handy as my mom usually stocks up on her craft supplies.



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to make the flowers with these stocking some 14 yrs back .So I brought a good supply of stocking in different colors with others necessary materials when i first came to US thinking I will have more time at hand but never used it .

It's lying somewhere in the craft room. Time to dig and you can have it to make more pretty flowers for Ana

CS

12:42 AM  
Blogger Sheela said...

Charu, so sweet - maybe you can show me some tricks to get it right... I haven't had enough practice as my mom only showed me how and let me try on my own... something to do when I get back!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older