Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crochet: Little Girls' Short-Sleeved Jacket


Sensations Bouclé yarn™ is one of my favorites. It is not the easiest to work with, but, the results are pretty stunning. I prefer crocheting with it, rather than knitting.

I had bought a large skein of this yarn as it was on sale. After using part of it to make an Infant Sweater, I had enough left to make something for Ana. I was toying with the idea of making something for Oggie, but, he has so many hand-me-down store-bought sweaters from his nephew that I didn't want to add to his already bulging winter-wear... besides, he is pretty rough with his clothes and this bouclé yarn will probably not withstand his abuse.

As usual, this is a made-up pattern in that I did not follow any published pattern. I wanted to make a fun extra layer for Spring that is not too heavy and is fairly stylish and unique. And, I wanted to get it done quickly so am not sitting with it till next winter :)

The sweater/jacket starts out with a standard yoke I like to use - the only one I can make on my own without referring to any pattern - and continues on till bottom in a very simple double crochet stitch.

I added a couple of rows of detail midway to allow for a chic belt. I flared it a bit from midriff to the bottom to give it a girlie look.

Since Ana was nearby, I could just size it as I was making it, and get her input as to the look and feel. She insisted on short-sleeves. I went with it as it is less work. The buttons were Ana's choice - well, among the ones I had in the sewing cubby that is... Anyway, looks like she likes it, judging by how often she chooses to wear it as an extra top layer.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Choxbox said...

fab!
love her expression and her colourful outfit!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this Sheela..Ana looks so pretty in it//

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older