Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Crochet: Infant Sweater

crochet infant sweater

When I got a phone call late last year announcing the birth of this bonny little boy, I couldn't resist making a teeny sweater to send my wishes...

As always, took me a while to complete this simple sweater, wrangling 20 minutes here and 30 minutes there, over a few weeks.

The pattern is my favorite - Julie's simple one - that I meddle with a bit for each project, adding a few rows here, changing the neck opening a bit there, and flaring out the sleeves when I feel like it...

I like Rainbow Bouclé yarn for baby things... Since I am a bit allergic to wool (makes me itchy, nothing bad, just some irritation - only certain kinds of wool, though), I prefer making baby things out of acrylic yarn.

Now, of course, natural fibers like cotton and wool are bio degradable, but, it is not clear to what extent (what types of) acrylic yarns are bio degradable. Something to think about...

Meanwhile, I am very happy to make little baby things - the planning, the pattern, the stolen moments trying to finish it, the joy at the finished product... all make it very worthwhile and rewarding.

And hopefully, the recipients like it as well.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

this looks lovely!..I think the recipient will more than like it :)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Sheela said...

Thanks, Dee! Hope baby D is doing fine and so is her brother.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older