Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Sewing: Purple Princess

sewing princess cosgtumeI was sorting through Ana's costume cubby (yep, she has a dedicated cubby with all sorts of things to play dress-up) and found this first one I had made for her when she was barely one and a half. This started out as her first Christmas dress and turned into a much-(ab)used Princess Costume over the last three years.

Amazing it still fits her: of course, I made it an ankle-length gown when she was little and now it is a just-above-the-knee frock but since I made the body large to begin with it now fits her just fine :)

This wasn't from any pattern - just cut it as I pleased (and it shows!) and sewed it fast - the only fancy thing being the embroidered embellishment around the waist.

During one of my trips to The Fabric Depot, I had found this shimmering lilac fabric on sale and thus the seeds for the dress were sown in my head.

Every time I try to move this dress to the to-be-given-away pile, Ana shows such distress that I guess I can wait till she really outgrows it in all respects before I am in a hurry to give it away.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Choxbox said...

YOU made this?!

*faints*

7:11 AM  
Blogger Sheela said...

Thanks, Dale!

Choxie, If I laugh anymore at your comment, I am the one who will faint from lack of oxygen to my brain!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older