Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Friday, October 16, 2009

No Buffeting, No Chopping Fan

Found another neat thing in my Inbox (thanks Dan at RBR!).

Can't wait to replace my noisy old industrial strength fan with this sleek and elegant bladeless one.

While the pros seem a no-brainer - not noisy, not a cleaning nightmare, not to mention the chopping hazard if I leave it accessible to the kids...

...the sole con I can think of is just about as weighty: can't make the R.D Burman-esque "Mehbooba Mehbooba" (Sholay) effect when I sing using it as a proxy microphone.

As their website explains, "The blades on conventional fans cause unpleasant buffeting because they chop the air before it hits you." And this chopping is what makes the Mehbooba vocals a hit for me...

Hmmm. Tough.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older