Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crochet: Baby Sweater, Hat, Booties

crochet baby sweater

One of my virtual friends was expecting a baby girl and as soon as she told me about it, I was too excited to settle on what to make to welcome the little one.

And, somehow, when I went yarn-shopping with Ana and she pointed to this purple bouclé yarn, I knew I had to make something cutesy and girly.

The pattern is sort of made-up as usual - borrowing ideas from some of the other patterns I found in my collection of books.

Sweater: This is worked from yoke down to bottom hem. The yoke is my standard one I like to use for baby sweaters where we start at the neckline and allow for armholes and continue down till finish; then pick up at armholes and finish the sleeves.

Hat: I wanted to make a sort of old-fashioned bonnet. Didn't have any pattern handy, and didn't want any ties/strings to bother the baby, so, this is just an extrapolated hat pattern - starting at the brim/forehead end and working up, decreasing towards the crown; finally finishing the open end with a ruffle edging.

Booties: Standard booties pattern, ruffles and ties make it sweet :)

20 minutes here, 30 minutes there over a couple of weeks added up and before I knew it, it was ready to be on its way to welcome the sweet little baby - I like to call her baby D!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Choxbox said...

awesome stuff sheels. lucky friend!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Sheela said...

Thanks, Dale :)

Thanks, Choxie!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Nupur said...

Hi Sheela! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Wishing you and your lovely family a wonderful new year (it is still January so it is not too late to send those wishes, right?).

I do crochet and also knit, but my projects live on Ravelry and only make occasional appearances on my blog.

Your work here is so lovely! I love this baby set; the color and patterns are all beautiful.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older