Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Sewing: Baby Changing Pad Tote with Pockets



I've eyed wistfully at some of the tutorials for making changing pad clutch. However, I didn't want to do a clutch -I am more of a "hold-all" kinda gal. Clutch seemed too fancy, with an implied assumption to keep it elegant and slender. I have a tendency to stuff things into my knapsack and call it my "purse".

For the longest time, my "purse" held just-in-case diapers and wipes, just-in-case bananas and Baby Mum-Mums®, and sure enough, just-in-case onesies, hat, and socks.




When I saw this cute print of laminated cotton at JoAnn, I knew I had to make a changing pad. However, I didn't like that changing pads were not fully washable and dryable in the machine. So, I made a cotton and fleece changing pad that can be washed and dried using the machine. And, with Velcro™ to attach the laminated cotton that acts as the waterproof barrier for changing, this becomes a convenient changing pad that doesn't just have to be wiped down, but actually thrown in the washer.

I added two pockets - one for diapers and butt paste, and one for wipes, which can all be toted easily with the roll-up changing pad.

And, I also sewed some small cotton cloths that can double as washable/reusable wipes, or burp cloth.



Simply tuck the pockets in, fold in the long edge, and roll it up to tie into an easy carry-along changing pad.



This was an extremely satisfying and rewarding sewing project and am glad I had a good reason and motivation for doing it: it's for my colleague and friend who is expecting her twins this summer.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older