Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Knit: Baby Cardigan

knit baby cardigan

I started this knit cardigan back in April 2008 when Oggie was one month old and my mom was here helping out. It took me a long time to finish, but, am glad I managed to finish it by Fall 2008. I had sized it for 9-12 months per the pattern I found on the web, and didn't want his first winter to go by before I managed to get it done.

It is a standard cardigan pattern I found at Lion Brand website, except, I faced my usual problem of picking up the sleeves and knitting to finish. So, I crocheted the sleeves, and finished the edges with crochet as well.

knit baby cardigan pattern I used Red Heart worsted weight acrylic yarn which is fairly soft but plenty warm, and size 9 knitting needles. Plus stitch holders which comes in handy for dividing and working on parts of the sweater while other stitches are held safely till ready to be picked up and knit.

Instead of doing the back and fronts and piecing them together, I knitted from bottom hem to armholes, divided at the armhole and did the neck shaping on one front, then the back, then the other front. Then joined at the shoulders, and finished the sleeves and edge with single crochet.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older