Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

sewing: cow jumped

fleece-tops-5

This toddler fleece tops is very much like my other ones. I made the sleeves shorter just for fun - just 3/4 sleeves rather than full sleeves.

I like the long full sleeves better, but, this keeps the sleeves out of the way when Ana has her dinner, or is playing... else, I catch her screaming and trying to pull her sleeves up and out of the way...

Along the nursery rhymes theme, I went with Hey Diddle Diddle this time as Ana likes cows. The idea for these appliqués are not quite original... I've seen this in one of Ana's rebus-style nursery rhymes books and thought it was quite charming.

fleece-tops-4

Also, one of the things on my to-do list last year was to make a quilt for Ana, with 8"x8" blocks, each block having one of these appliqués of her favorite nursery rhymes. Pretty ambitious.

Somehow, between a full time job, cooking, cleaning, keeping a toddler entertained and trying to stay on top of my reading and blogging, this dreamy project got put on the back-burner... and has no hope of getting resuscitated in the near future... unless my mom, or mum-in-law, or grandma want to help make it.

Amma, Mom, hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;)

easy sewing toddler fleece tops with appliqué nursery rhymes


"Let's go to JoAnnstores, Ana" so far has met with an enthusiastic response. Ana promptly puts on her shoes and coat and asks to get in the car :) She was quite excited when we went fleece-shopping at JoAnn stores last week. She had some helpful suggestions all along the lines of 'let's get everything in the store and take it home'... However, when I asked her to pick out a fleece print to make tops for her, she gravitated towards this cheery bright pink and green and yellow print. Fine with me. Looks great on her, methinks. Well, better on her than on me, I suppose :)

She now has enough fleece tops to go for a whole week without washing. yay!

fleece-tops-5fleece tops
fleece-tops-5fleece tops
fleece tops

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q. said...

These are incredibly adorable. I love the nursery rhymes theme. How lucky Ana is!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

They look lovely! Lovely colour compositions too..

10:29 PM  
Blogger ~nm said...

Wow! You did such a good job!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

These are adorable! I love all of them!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Awwww! These are just adorable! :) Very cute fleece tops, Sheela! I'm digging that printed fleece top!

The idea for applique from the rhymes is just awesome.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older