Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Nobel Prize for Literature 2007

A year has passed by since I wrote about Orhan Pamuk, and now Doris Lessing has won the Nobel Prize for Literature this year.

While I did enjoy this post, and had a light-hearted discussion with D about who he would like to see win, or even nominated for this prize, I am sure it is an honor to be recognized for one's life work, not just the literary prowess.

As I had noted earlier:

After all, 'The Nobel Prize must never go to the book of the season. It exists to reward a life's work,' said poet and literary critic Eva Ström.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older