Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Friday, September 7, 2007

Shivji bihane chale



Nah, I am not going to make this all about embedding youtube videos here...

But, not too long ago I had mentioned that this song from Munimji (an old Hindi movie, 1955, I believe) was my favorite video to watch over and over [just like I couldn't get enough of White & Nerdy] at one point in my life, and thought I must keep it handy here, in case I get the urge again to be obsessed by it...

The playful yet artful lyrics and dance, the folksy feel, the rollicking and roguish tempo the number presents are all just brilliant in my mind.

The caricature-like portrayal of Shiva is balanced beautifully by the actor, playing the part of Shiva, with his dance movements and his expressions...

What can I say? Some things just catch me at the right time and I am bowled over by them! Isn't that what Life is all about?!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older