Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

sewing: toddler summer ensemble

toddler little girl summer outfit bloomers bonnet frock

My dear friend R's little baby girl recently turned one and it was my pleasure to sew this simple, deliciously soft, cotton ensemble for the little one.

The bloomers and bonnet are absolutely darling on little baby girls, and I wanted to make a nice frock with frills. I did not use any pattern for this. I sort of eyeballed Ana who is two, and crossed my fingers and hoped the outfit turns out perfect for the birthday baby.

And, it did! Yup, got photos from R and little one looks absolutely darling in it! Of course, I can't put up her cute photo here as I haven't gotten permission from R yet

Here's the birthday baby doll in her dress! [Thanks, R!]

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Aw! She's a doll. What a beautiful outfit!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

hey lovely outfit..only wish i had the love for sewing to sew such frocks for my lil one...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

It's wonderful! I can't believe you eyeballed it! How talented!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Sunita said...

Hiieee, landed here from Saffrontree.
I loved this frock. And I am so interested in making one myself for my 2year old. I actually tried sewing one couple of months back, but it did not turn out the way I wanted. She wears it sometimes but her father hates to see the thing danling on her :).
Can you please mail me the measurements and cuttings, I would be very grateful. I can give it an another shot.
mail me at sunitathomas@gmail.com

You are such a creative person and I can see streaks of it your daughter as well :). Maybe I can learn a thing or 2 from here.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Choxbox said...

SHEELS,
1. look down
2. can you see 2 no.s feet sticking out?
3. since i cant do it, you please do this for me - touch them!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Sheela said...

Kay: Thanks! I know you sew so well too!

Rachel: Thanks!

Sonya: Thanks! It helped that my own little girl was just about the same size not too long ago and I had her for my 'model' :)

Sunita: Thanks! Will email you - sorry, it's been a while for me to catch up - appreciate your patience - I'll try to send out notes on what I did - I didn't have any measurements to go by actually...

Choxie: I am sure your Step 3. is a typo - shouldn't it say "Grab a foot in each hand and pull"... So, stop pulling my leg, you cheeky you!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Choxbox said...

but i'm NOT pulling your leg(s)! you truly seem to be one those folks who are good at anything they touch.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Sheela said...

Choxie Dear: It just seems that way to you because you wear your sweet pink-colored glasses and see the best of the world through it.

Let me assure you, I am awful at fixing leaking plumbing, terrible at looking under the hood of a car, not great about keeping the house museum-posh and hip, and personally, if you saw me on the road on an average day (minus the pink-colored glasses) you could easily mistake me for a dumpy-old-chic-who-forgot-how-to-dress-herself :)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Choxbox said...

yeah sure, i believe you.

says she who is as domestically challenged as they come.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older