Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Little Box of Dreams

There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, "Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams." Then they put the box away and bring it out once in awhile to look in it, and yep, they're still there.
—Erma Bombeck


So, this is how it feels to be hit by a sledgehammer!

I took a long honest look, and breathed a sigh of relief. My little box of dreams seems to have bottomed out and replenished itself over the years. The inventory actively has been exchanged and transubstantiated.

And then again, over time, the dreamer in me gave way to the realist in me. On and off they each make their appearance and transmogrify seamlessly to keep up the balance essential for my sanity.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Sheila, I couldnt help remembering this poem by Deepti Naval.

My dreams
look for
The real thing...
And
my reality
chases
a dream...
- Deepti Naval

Have you read 'Dreams deferred' by Langston Hughes? very thought provoking..

now, off to look at my little box of dreams.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Sheela said...

What a lovely quote from Deepti Naval, Kay! I admired her when I was growing up... I will check out Hughes' Dreams deferred. Thanks!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older