Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Lost Symbol



The Lost Symbol
by Dan Brown

Ages ago, when I recorded my thoughts on my then recent-reads by Dan Brown, I was looking forward to the next book involving Prof. Langdon. Now that I've read The Lost Symbol, I must say I feel terribly let down.

I typically reserve this little corner of mine for noting down books that I liked - a sort of self-imposed rule to share the joys... after all, what is the point of writing about all the books I didn't enjoy? However, I have to make exceptions every now and then, and this is one of them.

The Lost Symbol was frustrating to get through, to say the least. The writing was banal, the plot was anemic, the characters were stale and tiresome, the villain was one-dimensional and unsurprising. All of this would have been easier to handle if there was an overarching mystery minus the sermonizing.

Rather than languish in the disillusion, I'll quit with this brief report.

[Image source: knopfdoubleday.com/danbrown/]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older