Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sewing: T-Shirt dress

I love souvenirs especially from faraway places, places I know I might not be able to visit often. Typically they used to be fridge magnets, until we ran out of room. 

And then when we traveled with  the kids, it seemed nice to get them something that will serve as a souvenir. That's how we managed to sustain the souvenir T-shirt industry.

We haven't traveled much in the last couple of years, just nearby places, nothing dreamy or exotic, although, 'exotic' is rather relative...

Anyway, Ana was 2 when we went on the Alpine vacation, where we bought, among other things (like a Sweetzerland Hat and a Bavarian Dirndl-clad Olga Paapa and such) a Berlin T-shirt. It was 3 sizes too big then, and now it is 2 sizes too small, length-wise.

After 5 years of regular use, it is still fine and I didn't have the heart to give it away.

So, I rummaged in the fabric stash and found a piece of nice contrasting print to extend the life of the T-shirt as long as I can.


Needless to say, this is a new "favorite" summer dress, thanks to the little matching bow. It doesn't look like much in the picture below, but, it certainly is much more comfortable and unique, along with a matching hair bow... the drop-waist style is my favorite, and as it happens, is also the little 7-yo's favorite too.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older