Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crochet: Assorted Hats from Leftover Yarn


I crocheted a few hats for this winter - made-up patterns that are variations of the standard hat pattern.

The four here are each different from the other in some way - one even has ear flaps that provides the trendy chain mail helm look :)

Hats are the easiest to crochet - two ways to do it: from crown to brim or brim to crown. For kids I prefer brim to crown so I can start at the brim and check if the starting chain fits around the head fine and then size it from there.

I don't like doing gauge swatches - it makes perfect sense to do it, of course, but it is a pain. And that's one of the reasons I love crochet (as opposed to knitting) - I can adjust and size as I crochet along whereas knitting needs to be a bit more precise (at least for me).




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older