Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Crafts: Needle Felted Blue Bird and Wet Felted Basket



I had just a small bit of lovely blue and orange merrino wool roving that my mum-in-law had bought for me a couple of  years ago and decided to make something small and cute with them.


The blue bird is needle-felted (much like the fairy dolls) - uses very little wool, some repetitive Zen-like needle-poking (protect those fingers, ouch!). The quarter is for perspective - it is quite a tiny bird, just the right size for pencil topper or mobile.


For the wet felted basket, I used a small bowl I had for the mold: place the bowl upside down, add criss-crossing layers of wool roving all around, get some dish soap in hand, pour hot water and work it in to wet felt, much like the wet-felted purse.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older