Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sewing: Boys Summer Shorts



I had a small stash of quilt cotton remnant, identical pattern in two different colors, more than enough to make a pair of shorts for the 6 yo to use over summer, plus something for myself.

I used one of his old shorts to trace and cut out a pattern in a brown paper bag and used it as a template to make a few pairs of shorts over summer. Nothing fancy like flap-pockets or zipper/button fly, just an elastic waist one.

But, I don't like the puffy stomach that elastic-waist tends to make, so, the front is flat, no elastic, and the back has the necessary elastic to fit snugly and make it easy to pull on/off.

While I was at it, I had enough left of the two fabrics that I made a summer dress for myself - just a simple sleeveless bodice, with paneled skirt part, no shaping/fitting, just a casual dress.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older