Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Detective,Mystery,Crime Binge


I've been on this binge-of-sorts lately - of detective/mystery/action/legal/crime/suspense type paperbacks.  Nelson DeMille, John Grisham, Daniel Silva, James Patterson et al.

I've been reading them without rhyme or reason - just whatever I can get my hands on - Run For Your Life, The Associate, The Last Juror, The Messenger, Plum Island, The Lion's Game... and, often, not waiting to complete one before starting the next novel.

Most days I switch between 2 or even 3 books I am "currently reading"... Easier to do as I have one book in the car, one in my backpack, two or three on my night stand so wherever I happen to be, I have a book handy to read.

Of course, even in this genre, there are some really well-written books with attention to language and plot and characters just as there are some quick cheap thrillers. Nelson DeMille's John Corey vs. Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon vs. James Patterson's Michael Bennett... International Terrorist vs. Domestic Psychopath... it's all in the game. Just light reading.

And then, I've been re-reading some of the traditional classics of the detective mystery genre - Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, P.D.James, John le Carré.

Though nothing much about these books inspired me to write a detailed post here, they satisfied a certain craving nevertheless.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older