Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Ladushki, Ladushki

ladushki ladushki Ladushki, Ladushki
is a little game
You clap-clap your hands
and tell your name
...

This was my favorite book when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I loved the illustrations in this book. I loved the stories and rhymes in this book. I remember my book jacket was royal blue with gorgeous pictures. It was a wonderful gift from my parents.

At that tender age, I didn't know that it was a Russian book translated into English. I, of course, had the English version.

Along the way, as I grew up, other books became my favorite and this book got relegated to the bottom shelf; while I knew I couldn't part with it, I didn't pay much attention to it either.

Then, when I went off to college and such, the book was completely forgotten. I am not sure what my parents did with my copy of the book. Knowing them, I am sure they donated it to some worthwhile institution.

But, now that I have a wee tot who loves books, I was looking for something special to get her.

The memories of Ladushki came flooding back. I had to have this book.

I searched some local bookstores; but didn't find one as this is apparently out-of-print. So, of course, I went where everybody seems to be going these days for out-of-print and obscure books: The Internet.

And found it! (at what i think is a slightly steep price).

I am absolutely thrilled at finding this used copy I now proudly share with my baby. I hope this becomes her favorite book too, at the right age, when she can appreciate it as much as I did/do.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older