Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

custom toddler t-shirts

custom toddler t-shirt
A while ago, I had bought some ribbed knit fabric from fabric.com as I was interested in making t-shirts and such for my wee tot.

Now that it is stormy and wet most of the days here in the Pacific NW, weekends are pretty much spent indoors. So, I decided to make a couple of custom t-shirts for my little one this weekend.

Each tee, including sleeves just used about 1/2 yard of fabric, and are approximately toddler size 2T.

I had bought about 5 yards (45" wide) of white ribbed knit hoping to dye them any color i fancied.

This time I tried a simple tie-dye type technique and dyed them charcoal grey. I was aiming for deep black, but lost patience and decided to settle with charcoal grey instead.

Also, I tried a different sleeve and neck on each t-shirt and they turned out all right, I think.

The fun part, besides sewing and dyeing, was to add the applique detail on the chest front. I wanted to do the Chinese character for Happiness on one of them, but, it was pretty tough, so, stuck with what I could handle better :-)

This is just fusible web applique and might not hold up on machine wash, so, I might have to do some running stitch or blanket stitch to keep the applique from fraying and falling apart.

But, if it does fall apart, it might give me an incentive to try a different applique design on these t-shirts then;-)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jayarama Krishnan said...

I used to think rainy/stormy afternoons and weekends can only be spent snuggling up in a blanket with a cup of warm tea and pakoras. You seem to have found alternatives that give you as much, if not more joy!!!

Good, I'm seeing this blog after quite some time..and am happy you are still keeping at it....
...and at all the other amazing stuff you do!!!
Good luck!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older