Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, April 7, 2007

watermelon margarita



I like a cocktail or two every now and then. D is an amateur mixer. He has come up with some good combinations, but, never wrote them down (I try not to say I told you so)...

I am a bit picky, and I have to know what goes in my drinks. I am not much of a fanatic to know every ingredient that goes into every "popular" cocktail, but, over the years, I have stuck with some favorites.

I love beer, not just any beer ... so, it is probably not a surprise that D & I are passionate home-brewers. A batch of imperial stout is aging in our basement as I write:)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it was a long work week, an unusually warm Friday, and I had just come back from work, made dinner, then taken a long stroll to the park with my wee tot, so, I was aching for some restorative.

This watermelon margarita seemed like the perfect thing: "Amma's Juice" as my wee one likes to declare, and pretty close to the truth, actually; it has very little alcohol in it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

I don't do margaritas, but this sure sounds tasty with the watermelon in it. Anything with watermelon . . .

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sheela, I have never tried Watermelon Margarita. It looks good. I have posted Strawberry rita recipe on my blog last week. Margaritas are my favorite among all cocktails.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older