Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

crochet: infant sweater set

infant-sweater-set-1


One of my friends (who was also my former colleague) is expecting a baby, due in first week of January 2008. I wanted to crochet a baby layette set for her. Now, she is expecting a boy, and am sure she'll be flooded with all things blue, with maybe some green and yellow, all pastels, cute and sweet. I wanted to make something in a different color for the baby.

I could not settle on a color easily, but, since she is from China originally, and since red and gold is considered auspicious, I decided to go with that color scheme.

The sweater pattern is a slight modification of Julie's pattern which I love. And, I sort of made up the booties pattern based on other booties patterns I came across. The hat pattern is an adaptation of a free pattern found on Lion Brand website.

infant-sweater-set-2


I was quite excited when I finished it last week and wrapped it up to give it to her before the thanksgiving break... and I was incredibly thrilled when she said she really loved it! (I know... I know... like she is going to say to my face that it is hideous!)

Anyway, I can't wait for a picture of the new baby in this sweater set.
p.s: Now, dear R, if you are reading this, you know you owe me a picture of TLS in her little sweater set :)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sheela,

cool sweater. she is lucky to have you as your colleagues. Gifts made with such love is so precious.

I am planning to attend class on knitting in Jan. How much time it will take for beginner like me to complete newborn sweater set ? I have done few basic knitting for shawl while I was in school in India(two decades back ).

-charu

10:47 PM  
Blogger Rama said...

Sheelar,
will send you a picture soon-once I get the little one to sit still!
She owes it to you..
love
Rama

6:02 AM  
Blogger Sheela said...

HI Charu, thank you... knitting for newborn is so much fun - like making doll clothes :) I am unable to venture a guess about how much time it will take to knit something - I am a slow knitter - plus, it depends on the pattern - if it is a simple stockinette stitch all the way through with no special stitches and pattern notes, I am guessing it can be done within a couple of weeks, but, that assumes one is dedicating all one's spare time to it - say an hour a day, plus a lot more on weekends... Would love to see it when you are done!

Rameetar! I can't wait - and while you are at it, send me a picture in her latest Irish hooded capelet as well :)

10:47 AM  
Blogger G.AruljothiKarikalan said...

ur blog is lovely.... and the works are fabulous but how to follow ur blog???????!!!!!

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older