Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sewing: Fairy Skirt

easy sewing kids fairy skirt

I believe in fairies... I believe in fairies. I do!

She claims.

And, I believe her.

Blue is the new pink for my little girl, and just when her pink-and-purple fairy skirt (thanks, Nana) started fraying from (ab)use, I was happy to make a new one for her.

As usual, a made-up pattern, based on another skirt she has.

Asymmetrical lining skirt in orange fabric, with a multi-colored outer skirt and elastic waist makes this really easy to sew. Of course, the outer skirt fabric is very smooth and slippery, so had to pin rather extensively to get a decent finish.

I was thrilled she chose to wear this skit for the recent Rose Festival Junior Parade.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Vibha said...

Love the skirt. I am actually looking for a design for a simple skirt because FINALLY I have bought a sewing machine and really happy to own it. Mended all the pending things and now want to try something new. I have some brown material liying with me. So was thinking of using that to make some small skirt for Medha and may be add some patches to it to brighten it up.
Now sure, if I can venture something as complex as this one, so would go with a much simpler one to begin with. But hope to try this kind of skirt someday.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Sheela said...

Vibha, I am so excited for you, and for Medha! You are so versatile, I can't wait to see your sewing creations. Please keep me posted :)

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older