Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

favorite lost crochet afghan pattern

Among the handful of adult-size afghans I've managed to crochet so far, this one here remains my favorite to-date. Despite the awful picture taken at my basement, the afghan itself looks sweet and elegant.

crochet afghan

It was a wedding gift for my brother and am glad to see it still displayed beautifully on their living room couch. My sister-in-law meticulously and delicately folds it and drapes it to make it look elegant.

I have lost the pattern I had used to make this afghan. It was one of those back-of-the-label patterns. All I remember is it was a fairly easy pattern to memorize while doing it. It looks like a bunch of blocks sewn together, but, it is worked as one piece end-to-end. I can't remember anything more about the actual pattern itself...

I've stared at the afghan every time I visit them, but, I can't seem to get the pattern back by just looking at it and trying to reproduce the stitches... and, having bought tons of yarn since, I know I haven't come across this pattern in any of the labels so far... C'est la vie!

Maybe one of these days down the road (read: years and years from today) I might actually manage to reproduce this beauty...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older