Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

project linus

project linus quilts

Seeing my frenzied quilt-making, D was naturally curious.

"What are you going to do with all the baby quilts?", he cautiously quizzed so as not to trample on my spirits.

I am glad he asked.

I had set a teensy goal for myself for Q4 2006 to be a blanketeer for Project Linus.

So, I was pretty thrilled today when I went and dropped three quilts of varying sizes, suitable for toddlers and kids, at the nearest Project Linus drop off, which was A Common Thread in Lake Oswego.

Not too long ago, my wee one started getting attached to one of the fleece blankets I had made for her, way back when she was barely 2 months old. She likes to walk around with it, take it everywhere... not always, though. Just sometimes when she feels the need to hold on to it.

I am secretly hoping that one of my quilts (if not all three) would become a comforting security-blanket-of-sorts to a kid in need, and am glad Project Linus accepts/prefers handmade blankets.

Quilting stimulates me, am happy to do it, but, it is labor-intensive and a tad bit expensive especially since we are on a budget of sorts. So, I am glad I had a goal and I was doing it for a cause I believe in. Labor of Love.

I have been crocheting for a while and I can follow a pattern fairly well, and I can sort of cover up mistakes, and even maybe extrapolate and improvise on patterns as I go along.

But, knitting so far has not come with the same ease and comfort as crocheting for me. That's OK.

Crocheting, while it is quite labor-intensive and time-consuming - depending on the project and how tight my schedule happens to be, seems to be more rewarding for me, personally. So, I am sure I will be crocheting away as best as I can, as and when I can manage it.

My teensy goal for before Jan 1 2007 is to crochet for newborns around the world by joining the Caps to the Capital campaign. If interested, please download an action kit.


p.s: We have hot water flowing in our pipes again. Yay!
 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older