Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Takahashi:Japanese Folk Restaurant

takahashi japanese restaurant sushi takahashi japanese restaurant sushi

In my earlier post, the first time I visited The Takahashi, I couldn't stop raving about it.

Although the passion has mellowed a bit, I still can't seem to stop raving about it - just a tad.

The exterior so belies the interior that had I been the person I was, say, 10 years ago, I would've turned up my nose and walked away with a sneer and missed a wonderful food experience.

D sort of tries to keep me rooted, and I've changed a lot over the years. I easily lost the snooty elitist attitude. I feel I am a completely different and Free person now. Maybe Life does that to you. Or maybe Age does that to you. Not sure.

We've taken our wee tot there a few times and she seems to enjoy their soba with tofu and chicken don (well, chicken substituted with tofu) and their cabbage salad and their miso soup. She loves to hold on to the chopsticks. She tries to "eat" her miso soup with chopsticks: dip the chopsticks in the soup and suck on it!

The menu is sort of standard. Lots of Tempura. Lots of Sushi. They willingly substitute meat with tofu. It is not guaranteed vegetarian or vegan - but I have stopped worrying about it much. I still can't handle sea food... I am working on it.

Hopefully I will expand my palate and start enjoying sea food next year. Nah! I doubt it. It is more in the head than in the taste buds that I have a problem with certain foods/meats... That's OK.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older