Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Leg Warmers and Hats


My wee tot got a pair of leg warmers and a cute hat for Christmas.

This inspired me to make a set for her myself. Guess which of the above two sets is my handiwork? The red and black set looks nice, doesn't it? I agree. I didn't make the red and black set. Nana knitted it.

I sort of made-up the crochet pattern for the pink and gray set. I had never crocheted leg warmers before. They seemed simple enough that I was quite eager to try it with some scrap yarn I had leftover from other projects.

Up until now, if you mentioned Leg Warmers, I would curl up and try not to retch. The 80's were not a great period in my life. And Leg Warmers reminded me very much of the 80's. Not anymore. I think leg warmers are cutest on tiny tots. Especially when paired with a perfect hat, all hand-made.

These hat and leg warmers seem to highlight the wee one's cuteness, if I may say so myself. Her teachers at daycare and pretty much everybody we've met so far seem to have positive comments on it. Nana, if you are reading this, I hope you know how much your knitted gifts are appreciated.

All these days I was sort of keeping my ongoing crochet projects in little cloth tote bags; could never find all my hooks when I needed them as they were in multiple bags and such.

This African basket is a perfect tote for my crochet things these days. Thanks, Nana, for sending it along. It looks deceptively small on the outside. But, it seems to hold everything I want at a time, plus room for more! I am sure this would help keep my crochet projects better organized from now on.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ana looks like a big girl in those clothes!!!! i cant beleive she has grown so fast!!super cute!!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute!!!!!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older