Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

life's little luxuries II

tea cozyBubbling with glee, I asked D, "Guess what this is?"
"Ummm... Chef's Hat?"
"No! Silly. Try again."
"Hot pad? place mat?"
"No. C'mon, it's obvious!"
"Is it finished yet? Is it going to be something for Baby?"
"NO! You do this on purpose. It is a Tea Cozy. Clearly."
"Oh."

Yes, indeed. It is a tea cozy I made just this morning. It is, of course, a wonderful project for an 8-year old who is just learning to sew. I crossed 8 wayyy back...

So, what's all the fuss about? I'll tell you.

Quite a while back, I had longingly written about how much I look forward to a cup of tea, sometimes to D's total disbelief.

When I was growing up, my family enjoyed coffee a lot. But, thanks to the British influence, tea was much-loved and quite ceremoniously served in the afternoons, along with some delicious savory snacks. Those were the days.

But, these days, sitting back, putting my feet up and sipping a hot cup of tea has become quite a luxury. Thanks to the wee one and the job I need to hold on to so we can live fairly comfortably, I rarely find the time for such a simple thing as a cup of perfectly brewed tea.

Coffee doesn't quite do for me what Tea manges to do.

Over the last few months, most weekends, if we are home, I have made it a point to serve tea. Just for D and I. Not a drop for the wee one, of course...

We have some with our brunch, and then some in the afternoon.

Perfectly brewed black tea, with some spices, milk and sugar is my personal favorite.

"Isn't the tea cozy a little big for our tea pot?", D asked cautiously.
"Oh, no. It will be perfect for this beautiful tea set I have been eyeing... You'll love it!"

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older