Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Sewing: Lilac Embroidered Frock



I cannot take credit for this gorgeous hand-embroidered, elegant and stylish frock. My mom made this for Ana. All I can do is dream about making one like this soon for Ana, and hope that my mom will have the patience to make something as awesome as this for me :)

My mom did teach me a few tricks and I have started experimenting with hand-embroidery - making little cushion covers for now. Maybe Ana's Christmas outfit this year will feature some hand-embroidery that I managed to do... we'll see...

Ana loves purple and this qualifies as purple in her book. She seems to have taken a fancy to this outfit. Now that Fall is around the corner, she may not have many more days left to show off this dress. Such a shame when she outgrows it - maybe I will repurpose this outfit to a cushion cover so as not to lose my mom's beautiful work.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ~nm said...

How pretty! I used to love doing embroidery too. Its been ages since I did any lately. make that in the past 5-6 years. I still have one unfinished one lying. I guess I should finish it this year at least :D

8:30 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

That's just beautiful!!!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older