Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Knit: Baby Sweater

easy pattern knit garter stitch baby sweater

I wanted to knit something with the little scraps of yarn that I didn't have the heart to throw away, especially considering how pricey yarns have become these days, even just acrylic baby yarn.

The pattern is sort of made-up - extrapolated from crochet pattern I usually use for sweaters. I am essentially a crocheter, knitting is only a secondary thing for me.

I didn't plan on using any color scheme, just joined the next color as one color got used up. It is done sort of like the kimono sweater that I love to crochet - starting at the back bottom, working the back, sleeves and neck and the fronts - except rather than overlapping fronts to make the kimono style, I left it like a cardigan. The whole sweater is done in simple garter stitch with a size 12 or so large needles. I sewed the seams and finished the edges with crochet.

It is the beginning of August, supposedly the middle of Summer, but it is pretty chilly here that I decided to put on this scrap-yarn sweater for the wee one so I can let him sit out in the patio and enjoy the backyard wildlife...

I made this over the Christmas/New Year Holiday season when I was in my third trimester, so overcome with nesting instinct that couldn't sit still. It is approximately 12-18 months size, so, it is a little big on my soon to be 5-month old, but, he wears it well I think :)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

He does indeed. That's darling!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Ariel said...

Hi, Can you also pls post the patterns for these sweaters. They re very lovely!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Sheela said...

HI Ariel, I didn't follow a specific pattern - the link in the post shows Julie's pattern for crochet kimono sweater - I simply made it up as I went along converting crochet to knitting... so, sorry, I don't have a pattern to share with you :( Cheers! Sheela.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older