Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin


Rarely There

A collection of discourses - myriad, profound, uplifting...
Bah! Who am I kidding?!
It is just a blog.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

hearts galore

It was a lazy Saturday. It was a beautiful day, so we played in the backyard. Baby had a nice lunch and took an undisturbed 70-minute nap, which gave me plenty of time to either get some rest, or read my George RR Martin book, or blog, or clean up the house a bit... But, I decided to do something else instead.

Along the lines of valentine kitsch, I made a heart-shaped placemat for each of us at home. Just so it doesn't make D want to throw up, I made one of them in a non-pink, non-red fabric, and smaller so they can sit on top of a regular placemat :)

I had a bit of chenille yarn left from making a sweater for my wee tot and decided to make a heart for my friend's 4-yr-old baby girl who has taken a sudden liking to hearts. If I can mail it in time, I hope it brings a little smile to her face.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not sure if you'd be interested... But there is collaborative HeArt project by Jamie as a fund-raiser for AHA. Here is my submission for that. They are still looking out for "Heart" craft projects and I know you have done quite a few. Maybe you could join too?

8:54 PM  
Blogger Sheela said...

Thanks, MindfulMeandered, for giving me the info - I will be happy to send a craft project in!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older